Corona Virus Latest: If you have a client about whom you are concerned, please contact us.
What areas we cover
We cover CB1, CB2, CB3, CB4, CB5, and CB21, CB22 for all of our work.
There is a Besom in Histon and this covers CB23, CB24 and CB25.
Outside of these areas, within half an hour drive of Cambridge, we will do what we can if we have availability. If in doubt, email us!
Instructions for applications
(with thanks to Sue from CHS)
1. Please check the postcode of your client and ONLY send an email to the Besom that covers that area. Do NOT send the details to both Besom projects, as this causes confusion.
2. If the postcode is not listed then Besom does not cover that area.
3. For each individual or family please put the details on only ONE email. Do not send emails with lists of clients who need help.
4. The information about the client needed in the email is: Name, Address, Phone numbers, and items needed. Also any risks that may be present (Besom expect the referrer to have assessed the risk as far as possible).
5. What is NOT needed: Background to the client’s situation and why they need the items. No information about this is needed at all. Please do not put this in. Besom knows that the referrer has already assessed the need and accepts the referral.
Decorating and Gardening
These projects are currently suspended.
Furniture and Packs
We are currently only handing essential furniture items (beds and white goods,) Baby Bundle boxes, Starter Packs and Bedding Packs, all depending on availability.
The Referral process
Step 1 Referral
A professional will contact us by email directly to inform us of someone who needs either decorating or gardening, furniture or other household items.
Step 2 Visit
Initially we meet with the professional and the recipient to see what work needs to be completed, or sometimes what items are needed. We provide the paint and all the equipment to our teams (all our services are completely free to your clients).
Step 3 Organise
Next, we search through the list of groups from churches who have offered their time to match them up to the referral.
Step 4 Action
The group comes for a day, usually on a weekend, and carries out the work or our van team delivers the items as they become available.